Friday, September 12, 2008

And down it came...

This is what happened when it rained too heavily. Besides just trickling down the pillars, it decided to go into the cabinets. I have been doing this act with the mop for quite sometime before the roof man came over.






DAY ONE-Thursday, 11th
Cabinets, infact anything at all, that will be in the roof men's way are taken down, or shifted away.



Down came the ceiling. Geez...the dust flying around.




We knew for quite sometime that we have 'visitors' most nights. These visitors come to share the food we have stored in the larder. Even the pest control man can't do much cause they come from the roof, the drains, anywhere at all. What we didn't know was they left 'souvenirs' behind.
The SHOCK we had. Look at the pile of rubbish. They are either hidden behind our built-ins or above on the ceiling. We have mice bunking in with us!!! Eeew...










This is how our visitors got to the food in the larder.
They bore a hole.








Uh huh...Look! the sky. I'm standing in the kitchen looking up. :o)

...to be continued.

4 comments:

Shropshire lad and Suffolk lass said...

My goodness, that is a big job. I feel for you. One advantage of not having a kitchen for a while - no cooking! I can feel a trip around your local food stalls coming on...

Bubbles...ooo said...

You can't be more right. There is definitely NO cooking! Hawker time, YESSS... LOL

catgirl4 said...

So happy to see your blog, it is a wonderful job and I enjoyed reading everything. Can't say I would enjoy your food however,I think I am too American! Keep up the good work and I pray the kitchen gets done SOON!

Your American Twin

Bubbles...ooo said...

Ooo Sayang, welcome!. Our food? Hmmm...try it to like it! You might, you know. :o)