Monday, September 29, 2008

Another week...

** The tiles stated, it should be ROOF TILES.
I have lost count of the days...yupz, work is moving too slowly. I know, I know hubby says there is work done everyday. Work is being carried out but lately there are only 2 workers. It is sooo slow. To me, even a turtle moves faster. I think you would agree with me on this. First day, first week, there is lots of enthusiasm. 2nd week, still some left. When you enter the 3rd week and still very little of that 'ending' in sight, you don't feel eager about seeing the finishing line anymore but frustrations. More when the plumber can't keep to schedule. He has some work to be finished...where? Oh...somewhere on this planet...just somewhere except to be here...this house! Frustrations, don't they just start to set in, sort of...no??? YESSS...it is so for me!

Here, the tiles have arrived. Infact, they were here last week.

This is the cement mixer that is being used. Am not complaining about this. This machine runs on gasoline. It is normally used for small projects like this renovation of ours. It beats mixing the cement using shovels. The workers have to carry the mixed wet cement to the back of the house to fill up the trenches. Trenches filled with cement.

These are pile caps. I just realised that I didn't take any pictures of the beams that were casted vertically on these pile caps...missed out one part here. Roof tiles moved up and laid out. It still looked very bright as they put up the tiles piece by piece. I would say we are really lucky because all the way we have had good weather. It poured real bad only once. We woke up to find water in the sitting room area. No major damages. Only a few boxes of things got wet. That also, nothing that will turn bad. Only the wine glasses and plates were in the boxes. Thank God.










Roof done!!! Yippeee...now it can rain as much as it wants to. Here you can see a pair of feet against the roof. The kitchen looks a bit dark. No lightings as yet. Only light that is in here is natural. Oh...natural as natural can be.







Here is Kaze. She is always the first one to everything. Here she is the first one to know and appreciate that the window is done and up!!! Hurray...oops...not as yet. This window is done waaaay...to big. They forgot that I've got cabinets to be built above the window. Now...it has to be made smaller. Urghhh...waste of time again.

With the roof tiles and walls up, lots of debris and rubbish have been moved out and cleared. Here you can see the 2 dogs having a nice time. Like I said, this will be the only time they can come in sniffing and digging holes all over. Enjoy to their hearts content digging, sniffing and digging and sniffing and.......
to be continued...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very curious, do they not lay a wooden cover over the roof area bfore the tiles go on. In America we have a sub-roof and then the tiles or shingles are laid on top of that. It provices support and also helps prevent leaks. Also give suppport if you have to go on the rood for making repairs.
Just wondering as from the pictures I do not see a sub-roof...

Love Your American Twin

Shropshire lad and Suffolk lass said...

Sharing your feelings of quiet desperation! What disruption. But what is done looks good. Dogs are coping, obviously! Bet your plants are dusty too. "Yes, it can rain now, thank you!"

Bubbles...ooo said...

My Twin,I think in Malaysia, this is the norm. Wood then tiles on top. That's the most I know and have seen so far. Now I wonder how come our roofs are not done this way. It really sounds better than ours. I think I'll check wif the kapala.

Hi K, Nice to see u again. Know something? It rained and it poured right from last night and still (as I'm typying)Aren't we lucky? My plants? Back ones mostly dusty and my Jap cucumber plant...it decided that the dust was too much. LOL. 2 furry ones, they can't wait for the workers to leave the house every evening. Yupz, both are coping well. Thanks.

Shropshire lad and Suffolk lass said...

Another week on - how's it going? Something like this takes over your life while it's going on. I do hope you can see proper progress and "light at the end of the tunnel" - through a smaller window, of course! Really glad the rain held off for you.

Bubbles...ooo said...

TQ so much for being here. I am trying to see the light...I can't see any as yet. :(