Thursday, September 11, 2008

Oh...!!!

Our house is (as I'm typing) undergoing repairs. The whole roof above the kitchen has been stripped bare. How to explain to your four-legged friend that everyone not just She alone is living under lots of stress and discomfort? Mischievous decided to try her 'houdini skills' when I had to lock her inside the cage with Miss Malaysia. What else? She obviously got herself stuck. This is the 3rd time. The first and 2nd time she was about 1 month younger, it was easy helping her get her head out from the bars by pushing it back. This 3rd time, I must say was nerve-wrecking. She has gotten bigger and needless to say, the head has also. I can't just push her back into the cage anymore.
I tried to turn her head slightly and push...omigosh...it got stuck sideways. I have a sort of twisted dog now. Aiyeee... Many angles were tried. Then she decided she wanted to just 'walk out' in between the bars!!! She ended up choking and even gasping for air. Just be patient, I'll get you out. I had to keep telling her and stroking her to calm her.



My last resort was to let Miss Malaysia out of the cage. Hmmm...she did some talking and lots of scolding... that's what it looked like to me. I tried pushing Mischievous' head again then slightly twisting and turning by wee little degrees. Finally, she was freed. Oh... what a relief. I would like to think that Miss Malaysia did give Mischievous some tips to help me.
I have decided to get the workers to put extra bars now, just in case she decides to try and be Houdini again. Oh, it took me almost an hour to free her. She headed straight for her water bowl and me...for the fridge! Geez...the sun was scorching hot.

4 comments:

RCola said...

OH my! You both had a very nervous day! Are you and Miss doing better now? Thank you for stopping by my site often. Please know that my garden is just about finished up for the year. And My daughter-in-law says you and she probably have in common the man-who-picks-on-wife thing. How is your garden?

Bubbles...ooo said...

Thank U. Yes, both of us are good. My garden? My cucumber plant is drying up. It is next to where the workers are doing their work. Sigh...
Yah, I am wondering about this man-who-picks on wife thing. ???

Shropshire lad and Suffolk lass said...

Now that's a big panic. So hard to stay calm for the sake of the dog when the situation makes you feel desperate! You did well and maybe she's learned her lesson now, with help from Miss Malasia. Extra barrier sounds like a good idea just in case. Reminds me of our old cat Jess who got his leg stuck in the top of a watering can.... Good luck with the building work. It's so disruptive in so many ways, isn't it? Your dogs look so lovely. All th best.

Bubbles...ooo said...

Disruptive? At times, it is rather nerve wrecking. Mess n more mess...everything everywhere n you don't seem to be able to find that something u want badly!!! aaarghhh... Will cope, I hope :o)