Thursday, April 2, 2009

Enzyme...for the stomach

After the garbage enzyme comes this...Stomach enzyme. Yes, this is for consumption. The people I come into contact with talks about enzymes these days. One local daily had a write up about a chef using enzymes in the sauces he prepares. Hmmm...many uses for these enzymes (right, there is more than one type of enzyme). Okay, since I'm making this particular one, the enzyme for the stomach write only on this kind, I shall. This enzyme I'm making is supposedly good for those with gastric problems, those whose stomach 'bloat' after a meal, those who has digestive problems, to sum things up, everything to do with the stomach. The other qualities are; it is high in anti-oxidants and also anti-aging. Ermmm...this is one of the qualites that got me into making this enzyme. Heeeheee...can't deny the truth but it is also because of the other qualities. Now this is only hearsay from those who has consumed this enzyme and from what I've read in our local dailies and books. Just use your own discretion is what I'm trying to say.

This is how the enzyme is made. You need 3 red dragon fruits, 3 lemons and a packet of sugar.
I use this type of cane sugar. Rock sugar can be used too.
Clean the fruits thoroughly and then have them peeled. Slice them up and arrange them in a container. A glass one would be good. Arrange them in layers one after the other. Oh...if you are a bit lazy, the whole lot can just be dumped in. heeeheee...just joking. It looks nice when they are arranged in layers.
A friend has made and consumed this enzyme. She told me it is quite like wine. Red wine! Yeah, I would think it will be red in colour taking a look at the red dragon fruits.
Make a note that the container has to be water free and the lid covered tightly and it is not to be opened for 3 weeks. Oh yes...mine is already done and is presently 'fermenting' in the bottle (4th day today). I really can't wait for the 3 weeks to be up...hopefully it is a success. We'll see...in 3 weeks time.:o)

2 comments:

Shropshire lad and Suffolk lass said...

Your dragon fruits are a glorious colour: Even looking at them must be theraputic! Some of the yogurts on sale here are sold as "pro-biotic" and contain some kind of enzyme. I don't have digestive problems but any ideas for anti-ageing effects are always welcome! I'm 49 and T and I know our stamina for hard physical work is not what it was. Still, with plenty of cups of restorative tea, we enjoy what we're doing even if we're slower nowadays.

Bubbles...ooo said...

The anti-ageing part got many interested and I think I'm one of them too...heeeheee. There are many types of enzymes and I think what's in your yoghurt is similar to what I'm making here. Yoghurt is good for the stomach, no?
BTW, there is another kind of dragon fruit, the white one. These fruits are very sweet. Do you find them in England?