Monday, May 25, 2009

Bird flew the nest...

A blink of the eye and it is time for little bird to fly... the nest that is. Oh...Big Bird now. Didn't it seemed like just yesterday when you had to nurse pudgy fingers because it was bitten by an ant. Hearing loud wailings just because of a sting? I guess like all parents, this is a time we face with mixed feelings. It does not matter whether it is an overseas travel or local. The parting will still be there, no? Right, parting was hard for me even though I know the distance is near. Tears and more tears when it came to that. Then it is back to the nest. A 'new found' freedom with an empty nest!
My first task was to get over the emptiness in the house. Door to big bird's room was closed. Oh...I couldn't bear the sight of the empty room. Forget about the mess inside. Next, when I thought I've missed enough (or have I?) I decided to clear the mess out. I found items that went missing in the house. My packet of assam boi (sour plum), my programme CDs, my favourite pen, etc. Oh...and mugs with moulds in them. Wow, big bird did leave quite a handsome collection of treasures to be found. Room cleared. Now it is back to life trying to make it as normal as possible. The one thing I can't help feeling is...the emptiness . Yeps, I've joined the Empty Nest Syndrome Club. :o(




































































4 comments:

Shropshire lad and Suffolk lass said...

We've a friend come to stay for a few days and we're off out for a curry in a minute so no time to write much but just wanted to say "thinking of you". No children myself, so can't say I know how you feel but I have read other people's accounts of empty nesting times. Big pat on the back that you've taught the skills needed for independent living and instilled the necessary confidence too. All the best. You'll have to hug hubby (or the dogs!)

Bubbles...ooo said...

U R so sweet. Am thinking of u too. Hope your curry stint was good. Good to have frens over,eh? Empty nest feeling isn't nice. Oh yah, I hugged d dogs. Heeheee... Best wishes n Hv a great time wif your frens.

Shropshire lad and Suffolk lass said...

I do like the colour of the hills in the last two photos, especially with the trees on top. The one in the fourth picture looks as if it has had steps cut in. Are they natural or is it a result of mining or something similar? Hope you're feeling ok with the adjustment. All the best.

Bubbles...ooo said...

Hi K,TQ.M feeling okay sort of. Trying to cope with the emptiness. Glad u like the pictures. The 4th picture,that is man made. It is a retaining wall built to prevent erosion. The last 2 are that of limestone hills. Beautiful, eh? They are being mined (blasted) for the making of cement and very soon would be gone. These are found in Ipoh and pictures taken along the highway. :o)