Friday, July 31, 2009

Onions and Garlic skins, more skins...

Boy I wonder. Peeling onion skins not at home but at the hypermarket? I just have to post this favorite past time of some people here.
Have you been to Tesco or any other hypermarkets and sees a whole lot of people crowding around a big box of onions and garlic? I have and almost every time there is a price reduction or sale of these. I was wondering why do people take the trouble to peel the skins off these onions or garlic before putting them into the plastic bag they hold. Saving money because it will weigh less on the scales? How much less and how much does one save? Believe it or not, it is not only women but men doing such acts....peeling the skins off. I would think if the less skins the onions or garlic have, the shorter period it will keep. Am I correct? Of course, I stand to be corrected. Why am I so irked by this? It is this. It always ends up with me having to buy a whole bag of pre-packed onions and garlic because I can't reach the garlic/onions with the many people crowding round the container. All I get each time I put my hand in between the people and into the box is...a whole handful of skins! Now tell me if you know, why all the peeling? :o(

No comments: