Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Oh....the DARN tap!

We woke up to the sound of gushing water. Initially H thought that it was the neighbor hosing down their driveway. Then as he walked down the stairs......OH NO! Water coming in through the windows. Oh this is such a disaster. The tap just broke, YES! It broke into two pieces. This is a brand new tap and it only lasted us 3 weeks. Is it just the quality of the tap or just our luck???




It is sooo sad. All the carps; big, small and tiny were dead. Some were still breathing but had sunk to the bottom of the pond. They were all 'burnt' by the chlorine in the water. None could be saved. Look here, almost empty pond except for some algae suckers and two huge shark like fishes. That's what is left now.
2 days later, I saw black spots at the bottom of the pond. Oh, they aren't just black spots, these spots can move and some looks like they are wriggling or something! Put my face nearer to the water and EEKS....tadpoles. There were tons of them. I managed to catch this lot (in the pail) from a section of the pond and gave up. I was beginning to get chills down my spine just looking at the spots. Nah....I'll let H finish this job. Meanwhile, I have to decide what kind of tap can be used for the pond. Talk about the quality of taps today. Honestly, I really don't want another such disaster. My poor fishes!:o(

6 comments:

Shropshire lad and Suffolk lass said...

Oh no, what a pain. You are right about the poor quality of some manufactured items but even so, three weeks is a bit extreme. A few years ago we decided to buy a metal garden table to save the work of revarnishing the wooden one and it went rusty in no time! Great; made for outside use but no good in the rain! And we once bought a rain guage which by definition has to be outside and it cracked and broke one frosty night! Send the tadpoles over here (with your chocolate cake!)- I love them and frogs too. Do they make you feel a bit squeamish? Sad about the fish but nothing you could have done to anticipate waht happened. How is your son getting on? Settling ok?

cHrIstInA_YY said...

Wow, that's lots of tadpoles!!! They're fun to play with sometimes...

Bubbles...ooo said...

Hi K, been a while eh? Yeah talk about quality and the money we forked out for them. Geez, you've had it worse than me. Metal garden table ain't cheap. Wish we could do something about all these extremely low-grade stuff. Aarghh! I would send the chocolate cake (if I could) but no way am I going near the tadpoles. I don't like them n don't ask me why. BB is alright and guess what? He doesn't miss home anymore. Believe you me. Ah children, once grown they really are grown, no? Good to hear from you. All the best. is the live.com you email addy?:o)

Bubbles...ooo said...

Hi Christina, TQ for dropping by and I only have this to say....tadpoles aren't fun to play with. They are slimy and when u see so many of them all together it really makes you squeamish!Come to think of it, you should have been here with me when they 'appeared'. heehee Best regards. o)

Cheng Yee said...

The carps are dead?? :( That's sad. They're so pretty...

Anyway, tadpoles are cute! Even frogs and toads are fun to observe :)

Bubbles...ooo said...

Hi ChengYee, Been a while I haven't seen u. Hope u r doing well. Now, shall I say this to you....eeew, another one who loves tadpoles?? heeeheee...take good care. :o)