Thursday, October 15, 2009

Camaraderie in Little India, Penang

Deepavali or the Festival of Lights is just round the corner. I thought it would be fun to take a walk down Little India. I actually bugged hubby to take me down to Little India. It is going to be packed with people and traffic was his answer. He relented and took me there after dinner. The roads around that area are lined with stalls selling oh.....so many things. From clothings to lights to trinkets to food and sweet. Everyone was busy.
Shop selling spices, condiments, etc.









Desserts/sweets. Aren't they colorful and tempting?

There is even a stage set up for live performances.





This is my favorite stall. Kacang putih, muruku, ground nuts, etc.











LOOK! A Laughing Buddha which you would normally see in a Chinese shop. I just had to take a picture.
To all my Hindu readers, HAPPY DEEPAVALI. :o)

4 comments:

Kennee said...

Wow... cool place... pretty sure we can get all those spices here... Btw, nanged ya post on innit and also clicked on ya ads oredi... ^^

Bubbles...ooo said...

TQ Kennee.I wl b doing d same 4 u too. There is more to Little India. I only took pics of just a section. Visit when u r in Penang. All the best.:o)

Shropshire lad and Suffolk lass said...

Now they are really colourful photos - lovely! Just wondering how the new dog is settling and how the other two are with him/her. Chosen a name yet? Hope all is well.

Bubbles...ooo said...

Hi K, Happy to c u here. The 2 dogs are doing alrite with the little one.Mischievous loves the new one. TBone is it. Heeheee....All the best to u, T n daddy. :o)