Friday, October 23, 2009

You lick stamps/envelopes? Oh ....Then READ this!

Do you have this habit or maybe last resort thing? There is no glue or water around.....so lick the envelope or stamp to stick it? Well, I do and I know it sounds gross but I can't help it at times. How many of us carry a tube of gum/glue with us all the time, eh? I can't remember how many times I've done this gross act at home or at the post office. Now, I think I will NOT in future after I read this piece of information. Read on.....
A woman was working in a post Office in California . One day she licked the envelopes and postage stamps instead of using a sponge. That very day the lady found a cut on her tongue. A week later, she noticed an abnormal swelling of her tongue. She went to the doctor, and they found nothing wrong.. Her tongue was not sore or anything.. A couple of days later, her tongue started to swell more, and it began to get really sore, so sore, that she could not eat. She went back to the hospital, and demanded something be done. The doctor took an x-ray of her tongue and noticed a lump. He prepared her for minor surgery. When The doctor cut her tongue open, a live cockroach crawled out!!!! There were cockroach eggs on the seal of the Envelope. The egg was able to hatch inside of her tongue, because of her saliva, which was warm and moist..... This is a true story reported on CNN!
Andy Hume wrote: Hey, I used to work in an envelope factory. You wouldn't believe the....things that float around in those gum applicator trays. I haven't licked an envelope for years!' I used to work for a print shop(32 years ago), and we were told NEVER to lick the envelopes. I never understood why until I had to go into storage and pull out 2500 envelopes that were already printed and saw several squads of cockroaches roaming around inside a couple of boxes with eggs everywhere. They eat the glue on the envelopes.
TRUE or not, it really doesn't hurt us to heed this piece of information, right? Don't know about you but I am thinking twice or rather NEVER to lick another stamp or envelope! :o)

4 comments:

kenwooi said...

ewww...

kenwooi.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info.Nang ur post n click ur nuff ads.

Check my entry n nang it if u like it:

http://innit.nuffnang.com/view.php?id=138691

http://innit.nuffnang.com/view.php?id=138366

Thanks

Arief Arf said...

yeah, ive heard about this also.

your best bet is to either spit on the stamp, or just use emails.

heheh

Mizzsharon said...

Wat a disgusting piece of tongue!!!