Saturday, June 5, 2010

RM50 with logo is not special....

'Mom, do you know that this ringgit 50 is a limited print?' asked BB. According to BB his friend from Indonesia told him so. This RM50 with the commemorative logo at the back of the note. Since then I've been keeping every RM50 with that special logo that I come across. Oh, if you are wondering like I did many times, if it is a limited print, how come I can get so many in my hands? Despite that thought, I was still looking out for more till the press release came out in The Star. OH......those that are in my locked drawer aren't collector's item! They do not have more than their RM50 value. There are 49,980,000 RM50 banknotes in circulation. Only 20,000 pieces bearing serial numbers AA0000001 to AA000000 are collector's item. Now that you know, don't be fooled by people who tell you that they are and will be worth more. Ahem....(Blink, blink, red-faced) I was actually having such hope...!:o)

6 comments:

kenwooi said...

yeah.. got many of these new RM50 (with logo) bank notes.. even the ATM releases that.. =/

Bubbles...ooo said...

No need to collect them. No extra value. heehee....

KwOnG FeI said...

never come to my thought to keep them..
first no value
second low quality.. rmb a case which a person accidentally wash the rm 50 note in washing machine and the wording are gone..
malaysia boleh~~

Bubbles...ooo said...

I used to collect old coins and notes. If you are a collector, u wud keep one or two. Of course not this rm50 as it is a rumour being passed round. I just happened to get caught! The washed notes? yeah, I read about it n i think the person blogged about it too. Malaysia boleh? Mana?

Anonymous said...

please be advised to check again...coz its true abt the new logo...well the ones with value are the ones with the gold stripe..not the blue ones..so pls check again coz they printed oni 20,000 of these and their serial is AA0000000 to AA0020000..so dun get cheated

Bubbles...ooo said...

TQ, (whoever you are) for the valuable piece of information. Will do that. :o)