Sunday, August 15, 2010

CHEATED!.....by a friend

Have you ever been cheated by your friend? I mean someone who calls herself a friend. I have just been by this so-called 'friend'. Uh....not just, but recently. JL (letus call her such) came by my house one day after more than a decade of 'disappearance'. Maybe I should have trusted my instincts and not gotten in touch with her. In one of her emails, JL mentioned about a health programme that she was into but did not elaborate. I thought it was an insurance scheme.
It was during one of our conversations that a beauty spa was mentioned. I was interested in the spa, as I have read about so many types of spas in the newspapers and have yet to see one. Appointment made and she arrived with many bags. I helped her and noticed that one bag was particularly heavy. You would ask what is in the bag due to the weight; I mean human nature is such that we would ask. I did and she took this 'machine' out and told me that it is a scanner. A scanner? I thought it was the spa that you are supposed to show me. I couldn't help asking her. Explanation blah... this scanner measures your visceral fats, biological age, height and weight. Curiosity always kills the cat. It fascinated me and I allowed her to measure everything. JL took measurements of my height, weight, visceral fats level and also my biological age. On her scale of under, normal and over, I rate normal. Now, she has this health programme called The right approach. Do I need it? Well, I wouldn't have signed up had I known that it was a weight loss programme. She told me she used to suffer from very bad gastritis and curled up too in bed, just like me. She has since recovered with the programme. That was how I got into the programme. A three months' programme that according to her will work with very good results if taken for three months continuously. Did I trust? Was I gullible? I signed up paying in full for the whole programme. Maybe I was tired by then as JL had been in the house from 2:00pm (could be 2:30pm) and by the time the form was taken out, it was way past 11:00pm. Three days later, she arrived with the products. Gees.....wasn't it the spa that she wanted to show me? She took my weight, height and the scanner shows your biological age and visceral fats level automatically. Take note of this, she brought only 2 weeks supply of my products. I paid in full through credit card arrangements. Oh, it is Company's policy that 2 weeks' supply of product is given, as I (referring to herself) have to check your progress. Progress? Isn't this a programme to aid me get rid of my bad cholesterol? Of course, I trusted this so-called friend. I went with everything she said and asked me to do. I consumed the products for a week and she arrived on the eighth day to take my measurements again. Oh, VERY GOOD results. She was referring to my weight and whatever nonsense that appeared on the scale. MY....miracle products, don't you think so? It has been only a week and you get good results. I forgot, JL told me that I'm not fit and out of shape, in other words, fat. I am 160cm and I weigh 51.2 kg (at that time). On top of helping with my cholesterol, etc, etc, it will help my body reshape. WOW! :o) .....to be continued

5 comments:

BackyardPool said...

Umm.. yea, I kinda be able to guess what tricky stuff she did to you coz I have experienced sorta probs. But yeah, we do learn from mistakes. :) Cheers.

Bubbles...ooo said...

Hi there, I guess u and me are not alone. I've rcvd emails on quite similar cases. Friends eh? Cheers. :o)

ken said...

she could have asked someone closer to her than finding you =)

4 ™ said...

wat the.....

I HATE DIRECT SALES!

Bubbles...ooo said...

Hi Ken & 4th
Do I hate direct sales now? Will be very wary and also of friends. Ken, I'm her fren, shud be 'close enuf' eh? Regards,:o)