Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Monkey on my roof....


We want development, development and progress. See what is happening? This mama monkey and baby plus two 'teenagers' (they went down the other side) comes to my home almost everyday. Was it a mistake for me to give them some bread? Mama monkey even stretched out her arm (asking for food) when I spotted her up on the balcony. I've heard stories of how these macaques ransacked and wrecked kitchens/homes. Now the question is....To feed or not to feed? A sad situation, no?:o(

2 comments:

Shropshire lad and Suffolk lass said...

Hello again. It's been ages. Are these monkeys really on your house roof? Wow. I would be hard-pressed not to feed anything which was requesting food but I can see there may be unwanted consequences. Do they live in nearby forest? Hope the sanctuary plans are coming on. All the best.

Bubbles...ooo said...

Hiiiii Kate, Its been so long! Where hv u been? Yes the monkeys were on my roof not the roof above me but next to me (my car porch) and had the windows not been closed, they wud be inside the hse. Thank goodness. I think they r being 'chased' out of their habitat by the present construction going on around this area. Sanctuary plans coming along not smoothly but I know we r getting there. Good to hear from u N Best Wishes to U n T. Happy New Year 2011..May the best follow you. :o)