Sunday, May 29, 2011

Kiss kiss my Quiche...

Do you still buy cookbooks? Where I am concerned, this is so yesterday. I used to lug home thick beautiful cookbooks each time I see one. Those pictures that appear in the books, they can be so attracting and also deceiving. With the World Wide Web, obtaining recipes is a breeze now. How fool proof are they? Some sites even allow you to post recipes. I cannot remember how many recipes I have 'experimented' from both cookbooks and 'www' sites. Nowadays, I go for 'tested and proven' recipes handed out by friends. Oh, those bewildered looks, screwed up eyes, and cringing faces are outdated. Of course, I still have to keep my fingers and toes crossed each time I venture into the kitchen for a new 'experiment'. I am a hopeless case when it comes to making pastry. I had to go through two times of practise before the Country Quiche was ready. The recipe was given by my good friend Molly. (Molly, Thank you so very much.) The first time I made the pastry I went 'howling' to her. "The pastry would not roll. It stuck all over the place". In our weather and climate, I found out that you really have to be very apt with the rolling pin. You have to be deft with pastry handling to finish the process in good order. I have a 'hot' kitchen. With our humid climate, that made matters worse. The advice given was use a wine bottle. Ah ha! In addition, water used has to be cold. Kiss, kiss my Country Quiche. I was elated. It was not difficult to have the pastry made. All that was required was the right technique. The pastry and filling was good and to the last bite.
I could not remember the reasons I went and bought those rolling pins. Now, my hands are not deft enough to use them. I think Molly was right, it is good for using it on...(you know who) when they come home drunk and forgot dinner back home. Remember the comic strip 'Bringing up father' Maggie and Jiggs. How Maggie would wait for Jiggs with a rolling pin at the door. That was when Jiggs was out drinking till late. Oh, I waited at the door last night with a rolling pin...the bigger one! LOL....:o)

2 comments:

pacu said...

is there any free taste?:)

Bubbles...ooo said...

A friend once asked me..will Cyber taste do. Now I am asking you the same. Will it do? Good to see you here Beautiful. :o)