Sunday, June 12, 2011

A bready good day...

I recently paid Rm8.99 for a round loaf of rye bread. I thought it was rather pricey for 400gm of bread. The loaf was light and there was not much rye in it. I think less than one quarter of the bread was made from rye flour. Oh, I felt so cheated. I decided I would make my own. I made my rye bread yesterday and it was 'a piece of cake.' Ahem...I cheated. I used a bread-making machine. Ta da...ready and proofing. I did not sweat a bit. The machine did all the kneading needed. Hmm...The loaves looked a bit burnt. A note of caution, never trust the recipe. The time given in the recipe I used was wrong. With still 15 minutes left, the bread had started to smell burnt. I had to take it out from the oven. Luckily, it was cooked. The bread did not look as 'beautiful' as the one I bought. It is still a loaf of bread. It was aromatic with the caraway seeds. We can control the amount of gluten used in homemade bread. It is better bread with no preservative used. I will stop here as I am drooling thinking of the bread inside the container.:o)**rm3.50 for 500gms rye flour. rm3.40 for 1000gms rye flour.

5 comments:

ken said...

u make your own bread.. that's cool.. i always opt for gardenia bread :)

Bubbles...ooo said...

Gardenia bread is for Gen Y group. LOL

Arief Arf said...

u baked your own bread? got machine is it? how does it look like?
just dump all the ingredients and that's it, or do you still have to do some stuffs?
sounds interesting
hehehe
X)

Bubbles...ooo said...

Adik Arief,Hmmm..u go to London, u travel everywhere. U so happening but have not seen a bread-making machine. Adui. LOL...just pulling your legs. If one do no cooking or baking, then this would be of no interest. Yes, you still have to roll the bread into rounds or whatever shape to bake. U can also bake it inside the machine and it will come out in the shape of a Gardenia bread. U know Gardenia bread, eh? Heehee...All the best. :o)

SEO said...

Every Minute Designed for your Wealth. Never before in the history, World Class Network paying high for all. Join today and receive $10000 minimum per month from home. Do not miss it. http://bit.ly/me43sw