Wednesday, July 30, 2014

More on Moz..


Mr. Moz bit me.  That was what this kitten did when I cuddled him. I did a quick calculation in my head. He is about 5 weeks old (my estimation). I lifted him onto my lap and checked. He has teeth! In his mouth there was a row of tiny teeth down and up. Oh...pointy ones too. 
I decided to feed him kibbles for juniors. He struggled to eat. So I had them crushed into smaller pieces soaked with a little milk. He ate them albeit with a little difficulty. I guess the kibbles were rather hard for him.
He still eats with both paws inside the bowl. I  had to have a bigger bowl secured with wires onto the cage. Then, a smaller one placed inside. This way, the feeding bowl will not topple or move and Mr. Moz could eat comfortably.  
 
He seemed to be a happy and active kitten. He is growing and I noticed he has started to preen himself. He has also started to purr. This is something I find very fascinating. Moz purrs whenever I touch and carry him. He does it really loud. Sounds like a little machine gun went off inside his tiny body.
I had to change from a water bowl to a water feeding bottle. The reason was...Mr. Moz would dunk his whole head into the water. He was really funny. I think it was because he could not see the water. The second reason was he is a very active kitten. He climbed all over the cage and fell more than once into the bowl. He was lucky it was only a small bowl of water.
 
It took me a few days to guide/lead him to the water bottle. I would then squeeze the bottle and water would drip from the nozzle onto his face.  Occasionally, the water would get the mouth and Moz would lick the water. Finally, he found the water bottle and nozzle on his own. Hurray for Moz and me. 
 Bottle with crystal balls inside makes sound that Moz love. 
 
 
Due to his eyesight problem, Mr. Moz is confined in a cage at night. During the day, I allowed him to roam within the kitchen area. I have a mat placed near his cage and he usually plays there. The mat also serves as a guide for Moz I noticed he never venture too far from the mat. Following his sense of smell (I think), he is able to get into his cage for water or food. Store bought toys are modified by adding a bell or anything that would make a noise to interest him and also to 'guide' where the toy falls.
Note the box inside the cage
 
As he likes the stand of the breakfast counter, I decided to make that area his play area.  He spends a great deal of time playing here. Boxes, toy mouse, rags, strips of rags...almost everything fascinates this little one.  
Other than his slight deformity, Moz does everything a normal kitten would do. Wonder of wonders, he uses the litter box inside the cage as and when he needs to. There has been no accident. He eats, he plays and he sleeps. At times, I was pretty sure his eyes followed my hand gestures when I talked. I wonder is...Moz really blind?
When I first rescued Moz, I had him placed in a box. I did not want another kitten. Adoption was what I had in mind for this kitten.  A few days of care and a box would suffice, was what I thought. This box has since been cut up and place inside the cage. It serves as a ‘bed’ for Moz.  Look at how much Mr. Moz has grown. :o)

No comments: